headerImage

headerImage

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Why did we have such a good day?

I have had a very good day today, ie I have had patience, and I wonder what made this day so good? It surely did not start out brilliant. The morning kind if past without me noticing and I ended up brushing my teeth at 12:30. Why! Simply because Noah pooped twice (in his diaper), Marlee pooped once (on the toilet, but I still need to assist in the end), Noah broke a glass, Gabriel nursed and barfed on my clothes. All things, which are totally normal with three kids in the house but they take time! We did manage to eat a nice breakfast in between all of this and it never made me stressed (on a "less good" day it probably would have). Gabriel has been unhappy all day and not slept as good as he normally does. The weather has been grey and rainy. Both Marlee and Noah was in a very bad mood by dinner time and through a fits because I boiled all the binkeys at once (Noah) and because I did not serve Mac n cheese for dinner  (Marlee) but pasta bolonaise. I still put Noah and Marlee to bed in a good mood and they were both happy (while Alex was fixing a broken toilet). So why did I manage to deal with our every-day-tasks so well today? Did I wake up at the right time? Did I drink coffee at the right time? Did I eat better? Oh, wow, I wish I knew, and I would do it tomorrow again!! What I do know is that "our" bad days are bad because of me and not because of my boys, even though I'm sure that they play a little role, too :-) ❤️❤️❤️

2 comments:

  1. Tough day. I'm absolutely positive that I could not run after those 3 guys all day - or for more than about an hour at a time :-)). Don't know how you do it but the boys are getting ALL the benefit from it. I hope they are thankful for it (Alex too). Love, Farfar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bad days include so much good stuff- lively kids, your great sense of humor, all in good health. You are such a great mom. I am very thankful all my guys have you.
    K

    ReplyDelete