headerImage

headerImage

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Busy in Ormond

We have been here in Ormond for a while now and I have surely kept my family busy, or maybe they have kept me busy :-) I will try to give a short recap. It is mostly for me, so that I remember what we have done, but if it can be of interest for you I am happy :-)

December 29
Nice walk on the beach and after that a trip to St Augustin where we had lunch and walked around the old fashioned shops.

December 30
Moster Linn and mormor



Walk on the beach again. My mum, Marlees mormor, went swimming in the freezzzzing water!! Later that day I challenged everyone to a round of minigolf. Me and Marlee got second place...










On the way to the minigolf, a little sad Marlee



Moster Linn


December 31
Dad's birthday and we took him for a suprise trip to Daytona where we went on an "All access tour" on the race track. It was a lot of fun. Though, the hamburgers at the restaurant there were probably the worst I have ever seen... After the race track tour we took our car down to Daytona beach were we drove on the beach. Tha car races in Daytone started on the beach about 100 years ago but
now you are only allowed to drive 10 miles/hour :-)


From the left: Great grandma Nancy, morfar Stefan, farmor Kathy,
moster Linn, farfar Buddy, mormor Lilleba


A tired, very handsome, Marlee



Had a nice dinner at the house with all close family and Alex's grandma Nancy. The champagne tasted good at midnight and we even got to see some fireworks eventhough they had banned it because of the drought! Alex and Cory drove Nancy home before midnight and got to celebrate the new year with her
and her dog Mac.









January 1
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cindy, Danny, Aunt Jackie, Uncle Doug and Aunt Peggy came to visit. So nice to see them all! It was the first time I met Danny but we have been friends on facebook for a long time, and I guess that is what counts, right! ;-)

January 2
Universal, Adventure Island!!!!!! Left home early, had a great day, got home late! I am not a Harry Potter fan, never read a book or saw a movie, but the new Harry Potter land was amazing!! I am so happy we waited in line to see it all! If anyone is going there with small children, "Child Swap" works very good! Lines get shorter around 5pm so if you prefer to stay late, you can come late, too.

January 3
Visited Blue Springs, which was amazing. So many fish in the clear water and a lot of MANATEES!!! So cool! We also saw some alligators chilling in the water and a turtle who looked stranded...




Fish, fish and some more fish...


Stranded turtle?? Do gators eat turtles?



Manatees / Sea cows  (can you see the gator?)
 

Martlee with morfar

Linn and I drove to Gainesville later to watch a basket ball game. It was a lot of fun. We were supposed to spend some time with Alex, Jorge and Lucas, too, but got there too late. I really really wish that I would have had more time to spend with them. Little Lucas is sooo cute! Now we only drove by and said Hi, which was better than nothing.

January 4
Relaxed with a Marlee who only wanted to be carried :-) My family went to Kennedy Space Center and Alex, Marlee and I stayed home. I took Marlee for a stroller walk to Publix. Later at night we had some Swedish Glögg since it was the last night in Ormond. We are very happy that we were able to stay here. Big thanks to Kathy and her brother Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment