headerImage

headerImage

Saturday, September 10, 2016

School started and Alex won award in Bulgaria!

Busy busy past week!! Me and Alex shave literally stayed up to one every night working on different things. I have mainly worked on the classes I have on Fridays. It has been so much fun to plan so I have a hard time to stop and go to bed. I don't think that we have watched TV for a week, which is not very common :-)

I had no idea he was a pig!!!
Alex won an award in Bulgaria the other day!! I am so proud!! See translated version here: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.faktor.bg%2Fkultura%2Fartfaktor%2F81358-amerikanskiyat-zhurnalist-aleks-nyuman-poluchi-nagrada-na-imeto-na-georgi-markov.html&edit-text

He also got to go on Russia Today (RT) this past week so it has been an exciting week! The link to see the talk show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdxI-sKex8I. Apparently the show has about 30.000.000 viewers!!!!

Finally some rain to play in!


Last Saturday we all went to Daytona for dinner and game night. Had fun listening to a live concert, good food and fun games.



And the great happening this past week was the school started! Monday and Tuesday we did school work. Wednesday we had a date with friends at the park, Thursday and Friday it were coop days. A very intense week but so much fun!! At the Friday coop I am teaching Reading in Noah's class and World Geography in Marlee's class. I am so excited to do that, even if the first weekend was a but crazy! I passed out on the couch when we got home and Alex took all the boys over to a friend's house. That was so nice!

Home schooling means no dress code :-) and learn the way you want. US geography in the form of a puzzle with interesting facts.
Beautiful evening at the beach!


Play date at the splash park

Me and my boys!

Coop Thursday. Marlee with his class and teacher.

Coop Friday. Noah in his Spanish and playgroud class

Noah with his friend Jules

Both Marlee and Noah, and several of their friend do the Recycled Art class on Fridays
Today we finally made it to the beach during the day. The morning was very busy, Alex went to help some friends move while I was home with the boys. Well, that was my plan until Gabriel got hot oatmeal over his face and I went to the doctor. When we arrived to the doctor's office his face looked a lot better and we never had a to see the doctor, so we continued to get some food for the the people moving. After having some yummy lunch with them we went home and got some beach time. It was a long time since we were at the beach during the day and it was totally awesome!! Our new neighbors, who have two older daughters were down there, too, and the daughter that was with them love Marlee and Noah and they love her so they had a lot of fun. She is definitely a potential babysitter :-)
Tried to get them lined up in front of the camera... it did not work...

Noah surfing with pappa

We found this coconut with funny creatures on the beach today.



After I updated the blog last time my arm got worse and I had to visit the doctor again. That time the diagnoses was Frozen shoulder. I was not really able to move the arm at all the the pain was bad. Reading about it made me very sad since it seemed to take at lease several months to get better but either the doctor misdiagnosed me or I have been very lucky because the arm had improved a lot! I had two friends over who helped me for three days with the boys, cooking and cleaning, which was so nice!! I was able to rest the arm and do my physical exercises and suddenly I could wash my hands in the sink without hanging over it, I could touch my head, I could turn on the water tap with my "bad" arm, I could take off my t-shirt by myself and the constant pain was gone. I am still limited but I can do things by myself and the difference it incredible!!! I am so thankful!

Yesterday was my "first" due date but so far little brother has not decided to come :-)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! You guys are so busy, just reading all this made me tired! :-)) Pretty soon NUMBER 4 will arrive. That should give you some peace and quiet - NOT!!! I said "NUMBER 4" above because Alex will not even give me a hint of what you're going to name him :-(( I will wait (impatiently)!!! See you soon. Love, Farfar

    ReplyDelete
  2. El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin

    ReplyDelete