headerImage

headerImage

Friday, June 10, 2016

Empty after mormor and morfar left

Great second week with mormor and morfar with lots of small trips and adventures!

We went to De Leon springs one day and that was a great place to bring the kids! I LOVED the cool water in this heat. Yes, it is too warm for me right now, especially being pregnant, but the spring was wonderful. Have to do that again soon! De Leon springs was actually better than Blue springs, I think, if you bring children. It was not as beautiful or natural as Blue Springs but so much easier for me. Everything (restaurant, playground, spring, pick-nick tables) was located in the same spot and you did not have to walk far for anything.

Noah and morfar

Mormor and Gabriel, who loves splashing :-)
A friendly family lent us their floaties for Gabriel to try and he really liked the freedom! 



These two guys went for a walk in the forest with mormor and morfar
 After getting home Marlee went fishing with pappa, who had been working all day, while we enjoyed the spring. He caught he´s first fish in Ormond!


Every morning this crew walked down to the beach to go swimming before breakfast. Whoever was awake got to go and that game me some extra sleep :-)


Last Friday, a week ago, we spent the whole day at Daytona Lagoon and that was such a great place!! All boys had a blast and so did mormor, morfar and I, too! Very good park for small kids!

Marlee coming out from the dark slide!

Mormor and Noah, and Marlee to the right





From the left: Marlee, mormor and Noah (a year ago Noah would never ever do this!)


Bye bye park, hope to see you soon!

Alex and I wen out for a date night and I had a (alcohol free) Pina Colada before the food. Soooo yummy!!


Marlee collecting shells during his morning swim

We had a very nice dinner at farmor´s house one evening with several of her sisters and some of Alex´s cousins. Very nice!! Some of us walked down to the beach after dinner and enjoyed the ocean!


Beach outfit!

Time for the morning swim! (Gabriel still in his PJ)

I just got Marlee I hat at the dollar store for one dollar!! Noah did not want one but I might go back and get him one, becauase I love it!

The last morning with mormor and morfar. G is ready for the morning swim with his boots but it is poring rain outside...
So the day mormor and morfar left (Monday) was when the storm Colin hit central Florida. I so enjoyed the cooler weather and the rain and I think the others did, too, even if they missed out on the morning swim. We had some great two weeks that went by way too quickly. We dropped them off at the airport in Orlando and then headed for IKEA while the rain kept coming. Not as bad as I expected it to be though. We had a quick but nice visit at IKEA with some Swedish friends from Orlando and the kids enjoyed some Swedish candy! Who would not enjoy Swedish candy!!!

At IKEA with our Swedish friends!

Wonderful Swedish breakfast!!!!!!!!!

Watch out, here we come!!!

I got a cold about a week ago and have not been feeling that great. It been sinus problems, cough and sore throat on and off. I have not been able to be outside at all pretty much so we have had a lot of indoor activities. The boys have handled it very well stayed busy and actually done some school work before taking a break for the summer.

Noah got his gift from Santa from sending his binkeys to him :-) Lego!

When Gabriel gets to choose what to wear! :-)

Started to build a wooden airplane!

This could be an IKEA commercial :-)

More Lego projects!

Last night we went for a walk on the beach. Beautiful and nice and cool!

My man and I!

Now I hoping to feel better soon and that this sinus issue will go away!!! Staying inside for this long cannot be healthy for anyone!!! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you "ALL" had great fun! Certainly Mormor and Morfar are very energetic running and swimming after these guys for two weeks. Super nice!!! :-)) Love, Farfar

    ReplyDelete