headerImage

headerImage

Saturday, April 18, 2015

An intense but so awsome day!

Marlee had his birthday party today at a park here in Ormond Beach, Rainbow park. We were late with the invitations and handed them out last Monday so I did not expect very many people showing up. However, it ended up being a good group of 15 kids (I am glad that we decided to have it at a park and not at home as we did last year!) I was a little stressed last night and this morning since the rainy season has started here and we had not reserved any tables at the park but everything turned out perfect. We got three tables in the shade, the kids had a great time and the weather could not be better, cloudy and a light breeze. It was still a warm day and when we got home around six we decided to go down to the beach where I went swimming with Marlee and Noah. The beach was beautiful!! We ended the day with drive thru Taco Bell before the boys passed out in bed :-)

Gabriel's first time on the swing

Cake time!

Pinata time

Gift opening

Late last night after I had updated the blog I made some cookies for the party today. I was going to make them shaped as M (for Marlee). I ended up doing them a little different than planned and different from what the recipe said but the result was better than expected :-) I will definitely use this recipe again!

The result, used nib sugar (Pärlsocker) to decorate them and sweeten them

And the very simple recipe (I would happily translate it on request)

Was curious to see if I could find the nib sugar here in the US and I did, at Walmart, for almost $25!! Are they kidding, it is just sugar!!!??? Good I have some from Sweden!



No comments:

Post a Comment