headerImage

headerImage

Friday, October 4, 2013

Mamma is back from NY and we are all back in Ormond

So about a week has past since I left for NY. Alex and the boys had a great time with farmor and farfar in Miami while I had a great time in NY with my friends from Sweden. They had rented an apartment in Brooklyn and we spent the days walking, walking and eating. Both on Manhattan and in Brooklyn. I also took a boat trip passed the Statue of Liberty. It was very nice but next time I do want to get off on the island so that I can see her close up. My main purpose of the trip was to see my friends and I am so glad I did! When I got there they were still jet lagged and woke me up at 7:50 in the morning. It was time to get up! Good I am well trained in getting up early! ;-)

My friends in our apartment

My bed (I was the only one with my own bed :-)

First "night out"

Manhattan

Think you know who this lady is!

Fatima and Sofia

Delicious Sushi dinner!!

Not so delicious dessert, but I am glad I tried it "Fried red beans ice cream"
Last day in NY, walked on the High Line (old train tracks made into a green park)

Thank you Sofia for bringing me all the Swedish goodies!!!

It was great in NY but it was also great to get back to the boys!! I am so happy they had such a good time in Miami without me! Marlee managed to catch a lizard that he let go of inside the house :-|

Marlee with his lizard

While being in Miami me and Marlee got some mamma-Marlee-time while Noah got some farmor-Noah-time :-) Marlee and I went to the Venetian pools in Coral Gables. A very neat place!

Marlee is playing a motorcycle game with Cory

Noah having lots of fun with Alex's old truck
At the Venetian pools



Marlee is making great progress with his mask and snorkel!


After a few days in Miami we all went back to Ormond. Noah has been keeping us awake for a few hours every night and I think he might be hungry so tonight I have him oatmeal before bedtime hoping he will sleep better. 

Not a very good picture but cute <3


This is what happens when you don't sleep at night!


This morning I had a small presentation about Sweden at Marlee's preschool. I also brought some Swedish snacks (pancakes, ginger bread, knäckebröd and salty licorice). It was a lot of fun and the children were so exited! :-D 

At Marlee's preschool

Not the best place to practice climbing...



Later today Marlee got sick. He has had high fever today but I hope that he will feel better tomorrow!

Farmor came over after dinner

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun in New York! Marlee is sure an enthusiastic snorkeler especially looking for that "green thing". Can't wait to take him out on a reef! And Noah, is certainly and enthusiastic eater. I love the sound effects. Not sure how his dates will like them when the time comes :-) Love, Farfar

    ReplyDelete