headerImage

headerImage

Monday, April 1, 2013

Reflection

We got back home Saturday and Alex surprised me with a clean house (cleaner than I left it) where he had taken care of a lot of things left after Marlee's birthday and birthday party. What a wonderful surprise!!!!!! Yesterday I spent unpacking while Alex and Marlee went to see Mobi and Aman. After that we went to church for the Easter mass which was nice.

Today has been a great day! We have had two families over with their children. Since I am such a time optimist I had only managed to do half of the things on my "preparations-to-do-list" before they arrived and normally I would by stressed and grumpy about not being finished with the cleaning, preparations etc but today Alex managed to keep me in a good mood and I managed to decide that it was more important to be happy and thankful for the guests coming than showing off a clean house and perfect food. We had a great day! The house is still a mess and there are plenty of "left overs" on my to-do-list but I am glad that I could enjoy my family and my guests at 100% instead of worrying about dust, messes and food that was not served in time. I hope to be able to do that again and it is all up to me!

Lunch break on the way home from the skiing vacation

1 comment:

  1. By the looks of that photo, Marlee needs either better "AIM" or a smaller spoon :-D And you're absolutely, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF and then EVERYTHING becomes "small stuff".
    Love, Farfar

    ReplyDelete