headerImage

headerImage

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Happy Birthday Alex!! Go-carts and Chanukah.

Step 8 of my recap, and my last recap post!!! I am back on track!

Alex’s birthday just passed and as our tradition goes he got breakfast in bed. Luckily he sleeps late so I had time to run and get fresh donuts before we celebrated him. All boys in our families want donut for breakfast for their birthday. I guess David has not expressed it yet but I’m sure he will follow his dad and brothers :-)





Normally the birthday person gets to decide what we do during the day but today I had a surprise for Alex so we drove to Jacksonville where we dropped off the boys with aunt Cindy and uncle Danny. Me and Alex drove to a very special bookstore Chamblin Bookmine. They have mostly used but also new books and they have more books than any other place I have ever been to, except for some libraries maybe. We spent a good two hours in there and had only scratched the surface. 


After our bookstore adventure we had dinner with aunt Cindy and uncle Danny. All in all it was a very good day and I think Alex was happy with it event though he did not get to pick the activities. Of course the waiters abs waitresses at the restaurant sang for Alex :-)


Last weekend we went to a park in Daytona with go-carts. All boys but David got to go. Gabriel and
Rafael had to go with alex and I. 

Rafael and I


Noah


Alex and Gabriel 


Marlee


We also had the pleasure to participate in a Chanukah celebration this weekend with our Jewish friends. We learned a lot and had a lot of fun. We were the only non-Jews but there were people from Russia, Brazil, Israel and puerto Rico so I was not the only foreigner. 





It was the first day of Chanukah so we lit the first candle in the menorah, in addition to the “attendant”candle that is a little higher than the other candles. 










The boys learned the game Dreidel which is a traditional Chanukah game. 









The boys really liked Dreidel so the morning after the party they created their own version :-)



1 comment:

  1. Hittade Alex några intressanta böcker?
    Fina bilder från den judiska festen. Många aktiviteter.

    ReplyDelete