headerImage

headerImage

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

ER visit...

We have had some adventurous days lately, but let me start with last Friday. I wanted to post a video of David last Friday, because he was introduced to baby cereal (gröt) for the first time, but I have to be on my laptop to do that and I have simply not had a chance to use it yet. Anyways, he LOVED it and finished the whole bowl easily. I didn't make much since it was the first time but still! I have never seen a baby love food so much the first time they are introduced to it. Anyways, i am so grateful that I decided to introduce him to that, because two days later (Sunday) i ended up in the ER and had to stay there over night. 

I had appendicitis (blindtarmsinflammation) and had to have it removed the same night I came in. Alex and David were not allowed to stay in the hospital with me because of the infection risk and bacteria and stuff and David being so small. Luckily they did let them come in ones before surgery so i could nurse David one last time before getting on the heavy painkillers. 

Me after surgery..


All the boys but Marlee stayed the night at some friends house and Marlee was home with Alex and David, mainly because he had a cold that we did not want to spread but also because he was able to help Alex a little with David. Alex was supposed to be in Illinois this week and speak but since he had to stay home he tried to be somewhat available on zoom and at least answer some questions etc. Marlee was a great help and that was good because David was not very easy when he could not nurse like he is used to, naturally. Thankfully he did eat baby cereal and some puree. 

I got out of the hospital by Tuesday, late afternoon and by that time Alex had "moved" the boys to some other friends, all of them this time, and I had found a friend who had a friend with extra milk in the freezer that she could spare because David did not want formula (mjölkersättning) that Alex had tried to give him. Such a chock for little David to go from 100% nursing to 0 but Alex, Marlee and David managed to get through it :-) Now I've been home a little more than 24h and David has excepted the other mom's milk, more baby cereal, water, prune puree, and now I'm finally able to nurse again because i stopped taking the heavy drugs when i left the hospital 🙌

Me and my bed buddy!
Having said all that i feel like the situation has been as good as it could be. Alex was supposed to have been in Illinois this whole week and luckily i got sick (one day) before he left and not after!! We have had several friends helping with kids, baby stuff, home remedies, advice and now they have also set up a meal train for us so we will receive dinner every other day until the end of July (except when we are out of town). We have the most wonderful community here! One friend delivered a wonderful Greek salad with chicken and garlic baguette tonight, and desert.

The doctors told me i have to rest for 4-6weeks, I'm not allowed to carry and lift David but I can travel so we still plan to celebrate 4th of July with some family :-) 

Not to forget, David turned 5 month in the middle of this, on July 27. ❤️

2 comments:

  1. Hej Tina, intressant att läsa om all hjälp och stöd du fått under din sjukdom. Det värmer att läsa att familjer hjälper varandra. Det saknas verkligen sådan privata initiativ i Sverige. Tur också att Alex hade möjlighet att vara hemma och hjälpa till tillsammans med Marlee.
    Saknar er alla.
    Kramar från Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you survived! David too! Love, Farfrar

    ReplyDelete