headerImage

headerImage

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

It has been all about me this weekend!!!

Normally there are not many pictures of me on the blog, which is totally normal since I am behind the camera most of the time. However, this post will make up for that! The past week has been far from normal and this weekend was amazing. It felt like it was all about me, for several days!! You might wonder why, and you might also wonder why cousin Eli was staying with us (in case you have read the previous post) for a few days... Well, the reason is that his mum, my sister in law, Felicia, was preparing my very first baby shower, together with Aunt Jackie and Cindy (Alex's sister). In Sweden we don't have baby showers like here and when Gabriel was born I did not really think about it. So here I am, pregnant with my fourth son and having my first baby shower! Let me tell you, that the baby shower these ladies organized for me made up for all the baby showers I have missed out on, big time!!! The theme looked just like a Swedish forest!

Welcome to my shower, you can sign the book and take a Lavender soup with you that Felica made

Have you picture taken with the Polaroid camera and hang it up

Have some super yummy food!

Have some home made lemonade, mint tea and make your own Trail mix (like Swedish Jägarsnus)

The amazing people who organized my shower: Aunt Jackie, Cindy (me) and Felica

The cake, with an elk, otter, wolf etc
After we all got something to eat and drink and everyone had a guess of how big my belly was (my friend Norma won who is also due in September :-) it was time for me to open the presents. I am not showing all these pictures to be bragging but to give my Swedish family and friends an idea of what that shower was like. The whole thing was kind of overwhelming for me but after a while I got used to all the attention and the fact that it was all about me :-)





This is what my belly looks like now :-)
Apart from Felica, Cindy and Aunt Jackie I have so many people to thank for this weekend - Kathy and Buddy who lent their house out, all my friends who helped preparing this and who came to make this day so special and all the dads who took care of the children and had a pool party in a close by house so that all the moms could hang out without interruptions :-)

Yesterday I managed to organize some of my new baby stuff that I got and I also put up the Polaroid pictured from the shower.

Gabriel gets to enjoy some of his little brother's things for a while



Even the sun made a  beautiful rainbow for me ;-)

Now everything is back to normal and it is all about the kids again ;-) Just kidding!

3 comments:

  1. You are such a great Mom, it SHOULD be "...all about you..." for a change. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your special day. Love, Farfar

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day! Just a moment to bless YOU, as you have so blessed this family by being an amazing part of it (and also by EXPANDING it, of course!) :-) Love you sis!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det måste ha varit en oförglömlig tillställning med dig i mittpunken. En julafon fast mitt i sommaren.
    Du har fantastiska vänner.
    Krama killarna från oss.
    PaMa

    ReplyDelete