headerImage

headerImage

Saturday, October 11, 2014

The arrival of Enok/Enoch

October 8th - Little brother's due date
We spent part of the day on the beach. It was gorgeous! I lost my phone in the house after lunch and could not find it. Very frustrated since I wanted it for the birth, both for pictures and to be able to spread the news :-) More beach time in the afternoon.



October 9th
Still no phone, I started to get stressed about it. I started to feel like this might be the day... Even more stressed about the phone... Farmor came over and helped fixing with the house. Mainly  preparing the guest room for mormor and morfar who were to arrive to Ft Lauderdale later this day. It is really starting to look like a home now! We even have curtains in two rooms! And don't get me wrong. I am not a big fan of too much curtains, I like to see outside so I am even preventing farmor to put them in all the rooms :-) But the ones that are up looks very nice!
 
Alex had plans to go to Orlando to meet up with some friends but I got more and more convinced that this is the day and we decided that he better stay home... We are both glad that he did! And now I am getting to the part that you have all been waiting for (I think...)!
 
5:30 pm
We left home to drive to the Birth center. Forgot something and turned around home. Went by Taco Bell to get some food. Contractions were about 2-3 min apart.
 
6:30 pm
Arrived to Birth center. Was taken care of by a midwife, a midwife student and a nurse. They were all with us the whole time. All very nice, encouraging and supportive. Alex did a great job as he has every time! <3 <3 <3 
 
7:52 pm
IT'S A BOY!!!! Lillebror/Little brother arrived to the world!!!!!!!!!!!! In a pool with nice warm water. So precious!!! <3


50 min old




Alex prepared the traditional Swedish celebration tray :-)

7lb 8oz / 3,4kg     21 1/4" /  54cm

12:30am
Leaving the Birth center. We were all doing good and ready to go home. I had lost a little more blood (PPH) than they would have liked, as they put it very diplomatic, so they gave me orders to bed rest for a week.





October 10th
Woke up the next day and mormor and morfar had arrived!!! With lots of love, energy, attention and presents from family and friends in Sweden :-)

Lillebror is very warm blooded and does not appreciate warm clothes or blankets right now.


Even mamma got a present!!!
He looks a lot like a "new-born-Marlee" and his body is just as hairy as his used to be :-)


Napping with a proud big brother


So is the baby going to be named Enok/Enoch you might wonder? Well, probably not. For some reason lillebror reminds me of the name Enok and Alex really like it from the bible. However, we both feel a little reluctant to picking this name so the struggle to agree on a (three) name goes on. We have until Monday to decide! Feel free to give us suggestions!

(...and the phone... was found a few hours before delivery in a toy box and I honestly think that I was the one putting it there while loosing my brain for a second...)

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! Since Marlee was "Mink Head" until you gave him a name, I'm going to call LILLEBROR "HARRY" until he gets a real name. CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to meet him. Love, Farfar

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby! We are so happy to welcome little brother. Alex and Tina have a new song to sing... "My Three Sons"
    Doesn't Heaven have the best gifts to give us?
    Love,Great Grandma Welch and Aunt Peggy
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a beautiful family you are. Much love and many more blessings. --Cia

    ReplyDelete