headerImage

headerImage

Thursday, July 17, 2014

What a day!!

Marlee says that today was a sad funny day.
 
Sad because he really hurt himself today, his belly skin somehow got stuck in the chain on a bike. We borrowed a bike from the neighbor yesterday that is a little bit bigger than Marlee's own bike and I noticed that it did not have anything covering the chain and I was thinking that he could not ride it with pants because they could get stuck. I never thought that his belly would!! It looked pretty bad to me as a mother but luckily a (friend's) friends who is here on the island is a doctor so I called her. After talking with her, and later meeting her on the beach, I felt a lot better and not worried anymore. Later Marlee has been more concerned about his broken t-shirt than the broken skin... I could not care less about his t-shirt but since it is one of his favorites I have tried to convince him that it will still look cool if we put something cool over the holes :-)
 
Well, apart from this sad and almost scary incident the day has been very good. We started off at a market where people sell used things. We found a lot of cars and other toys for the boys, reeeeally cheap! This was of course a good thing according to Marlee! Later, when we came back home to get our beach stuff is when Marlee had his bike incident. It took a while but finally I could convince him that we should go to the beach. I would much rather do something physical that he would enjoy than have him sit at home doing something still. That way I would see if he seemed ok and would forget about the pain. Back on the beach he went swimming and running after the ball with me. He ate and drank and had a good time. Now the wounds are officially shark bites! It was probably the warmest day today since we came to Fårö so I am very happy that we got to spend part of it on the beach.
 
On the way home from the  beach Marlee got a big, very yummy, ice cream, before dinner :-) Noah had passed out in the car so we sat outside the car eating ice cream!
 
 
Now Marlee is sleeping good and Noah is happily "talking" in his bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment