headerImage

headerImage

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Bits and pieces

The big news for me is that I finally feel like I have gotten my energy and creativity back that I had before Marlee was born!! I really really hope that it will last and not be a temporary "visit". Partly because of that I have decided to start a "gymnastic group" for children age 2-3 here. I have rented the P.E hall in a nearby school and we will mainly sing, play to music and use all the different material and tools at the place to make it possible to jump, climb, balance, run etc. Perfect for Marlee, since that he what he does all day anyways :-) I have 15 children signed up and each child needs to have at least one adult with him/her. It starts on Monday and I am really excited! The other day I sewed some bean bags to use, too. Good to balance on you head or throw.

Home made bean bags

The artist in action!

Marlee had a friend over, without a parent yesterday, for the first time. His friend Benjamin came over. It worked very good and they played both outdoors and indoors. 

Marlee and Benjamin

A dear visited us yesterday (captured through the kitchen window)


I might have mentioned it before but Marlee have questions about everything now, and has for a while. I am very happy that he is so curious and wants to know but sometimes you simply run out of answers, or you do not know. Until today he has accepted that I do not always know and it has been possible to say "I don't know". But now that will not end the questioning, because that initiates the question "Why don't you know?", and we are back in the never ending loop again :-D

Today we all went ice-skating on an outdoor rink. It was a lot of fun and Alex even got to play some hockey! If you happen to talk with him tomorrow (Sunday) please ask him how he is feeling!! (he was complaining about his body aching in the car home already and it will not be better tomorrow!!! :-) We got home late and had a late dinner but now Noah is sleeping and Marlee will soon, too.

Resting in Marlee's bed after the ice-skating

Noah really likes his new high chair and of course he loves to throw down his toys from it. Marlee is helpful however and picks them up for him :-D It will be very convenient now when I have slowly started to give Noah other food then milk. We have tried some mashed potatoes, banana and porridge, of which nothing have been very popular, as you will see in the video below. I was not sure if I should post it but I decided that it could lead to some laughter even if it is kind of yucky (if you are not his mamma ;-).

A helpful big brother!!

Funny face!

Happy face!

Banana was not a favorite...


I am sorry for laughing Marlee but you were just so cute struggling so hard and then not really getting any reward for it... I love your persistence!



I know that I am posting so many "non-action-pictures" of my boys and it might be boring to look at them all but I just cannot help it. They are just so cute and I have to share them, so here are a couple more...



1 comment:

  1. Please post any and all photos. WE LOVE THEM ALL!!! Marlee is certainly "Mr. Persistent". Haven't seen that much "UMPHH" in 27 years - that's when Alex was that young :-) Marlee gets his QUESTIONING from Alex too. Man could Alex ask questions non-stop! Noah really didn't like those bananas did he (but at least Marlee got a good laugh). STAY WARM. Love, Farfar

    ReplyDelete