headerImage

headerImage

Friday, September 9, 2011

My last Mummy week...

My last week of Mummy leave has just past and it is only a weekend between now and my first day back at work!! A strange feeling, or actually, I am trying not to feel anything and not think about it. Just do what I have to do... It does feel good, though, that Marlee will be home wih Alex when I go to work. That he will be where he feels at home and comfortable. Maybe comfortable is not the right word because he has been very grumpy at home lately. Probably bored and missing friends to play with. He is always happier as soon as we leave home and he gets to see other people and children as well as other places and things. We have been to the open pre-school two times this week and I plan to go there when I have my days off of work, which will primarly be Wednesdays. Today we have spent a lot of time with my grandma who finally got back home from the hospital after three months away from home!

Marlee continues to steal vedgetables when he is outside. He is so cute! Before eating the tomatoes he always makes sure to remove the little green part (not sure what it is calles in English). And when picking peppers, he makes sure to take a few quick bites before I have a chance to take it away from him. He is also very amazed by all the mushrooms growing in the garden after some heavy rain but luckily he has not tried to eat any of them yet. They are not the kind that I would pick and cook.

A monster snail or a
Marlee in a monster outfit...

Marlee in his monster outfit

Mushrooms!!!

My last "home improvement" project before going bak to work was to replace a "temporary" piece of fabric that we have to keep snow and leaves etc away from the porch. Last night I did the sewing and today I did the replacement work.

Before

After (a little later)

The new fabric, bright but pretty (I think :-)

1 comment: