headerImage

headerImage

Thursday, March 3, 2022

A big empty hole

Two weeks ago I was excited to update my blog with pictures from our ski trip. That was just a few hours before it got to our attention that farfar, Buddy, had passed away that same morning. It came as a shock to all of us as everything seemed normal the night before. 

I am grateful to say that my relationship with Buddy got better and better every year. It would be a lie to say that we always got along but as the years went by and as I got to know him better I learned that all he did was out of love. He always made me feel welcomed and loved and I know that he spent a lot of time thinking and caring for his loved ones. 

Through the years he has gotten us a lot of appreciated toys and fun stuff. Things that Alex and I sometimes would consider “China junk”. Now that “China junk” is worth a lot to us as it reminds us of the love he had for the boys and that they were always on his mind. They always appreciated the things farfar bought and he always found the most fun “junk” ;-) In reality he was not much for junk at all but loved to spoil his sons and grandsons with good quality stuff. Luckily for me it was hard for him to spoil them without including me :-)

Alex and Buddy had a very special and close relationship. He was the rock in Alex’s life, and the one he turned to for everything. Buddy, in return, proof read ALL Alex’s articles, listened to all his radio interviews and watched all his shows. He was a great source for feedback and new ideas. 

I know that Buddy has left a big empty hole behind him and we will slowly fill that hole with all the good memories we have of him. He will be greatly missed by all of us! 💔 Until we meet again! ❤️

In Bro, Sweden, with Marlee


Miami with Marlee


Spain


Ormond


Miami with Raffi


Miami with David


Miami with Marlee


Miami with Noah


Ormond with Gabriel


Miami

Malta


Ormond 


Malta


With Gabriel 


Miami


Miami


Not with us but I just really liked this picture so I wanted to add it 


In Ormond with all his sons and most of his grandsons. 



1 comment:

  1. Vilken fin text du skrev Tina. Jag förstår nu vilken betydelse Buddy hade för er alla.
    Bilderna visar tydligt vilken fin relation han hade till barnen.
    Hoppas vi ses snart.
    Kram Pa

    ReplyDelete