headerImage

headerImage

Friday, October 1, 2021

Phoneless... still surfing :-)

About a week ago I "lost" my phone as I was using it in the water in the waterproof bag I have. Unfortunately, it was not waterproof anymore and my phone did not survive the bath it got... We were at Rock Springs on a field trip when it happened. A wonderful park that we had never been to before. There is a natural lazy river to float down and we had a great time. A lot of the kids' friends from coop were there so I hardly saw the older ones as they were creating islands, made spears to pretend spear fish and having fun in the lazy river. Unfortunately, I have no pictures from that day as my phone did not want to start again... Hopefully, I can get some pictures from some of the other families as soon as I have a working phone again. 

It has been a little tricky to not have phone but also pretty nice. I will hopefully get one tomorrow so this break will soon be over. Despite the lack of being able to connect with people as easy as normally we have still stayed pretty busy. Last weekend we spent on our land in De Leon Springs mowing the grass and clearing out sea weed, to create a little swim spot. Sunday we had a beautiful day on the water in Ponce Inlet, by Disappearing Island. We went there with some other friends so hopefully I can add some pics later. It was so pretty!!!

Monday we had coop and after that we hang out with some friends in New Smyrna who surf a lot. Marlee and Noah had a blast!! Rafael was home with Alex since I did not know that we would stay for so long. We ended up staying way past bedtime bbq:ing and grilling marshmallows. What a way to spend Monday night, right!

The rest of the week was pretty normal, doing school work and other things. Yesterday, after coop I took the boys to the beach surfing. David got to go in the water, too, and he loved to dig in the sand with his little hands and feet. So cute! I brought our flip phone that I have tried to get to work while waiting for a smart phone (which failed) and actually got some pictures :-)


Since, I am doing the blog update on the laptop I am able to add some videos!! So here some videos from the past month or so. David started crawling around mid September so that is his latest major progress.






That is all for now, maybe I will be able to do an update from my phone next time...

2 comments:

  1. David wore himself out crawling all over the place so then he didn't know if he wanted to eat or sleep. SO SWEET!! Love, Farfar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roligt med rörliga bilder och kunna följa Davids framsteg. <Nu går det fort.
    Kram

    ReplyDelete