headerImage

headerImage

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Making progress

After a pretty hard weekend with too little sleep and more dissatisfaction (=crying) that I can handle happily, this week has started out good. I do think that Gabriel has a harder start in life than Marlee and Noah did because he is not a satisfied boy when he is awake and he does not sleep for very long unless he is carried or in the harness on my belly. However, he accepted to use the binkey two days ago and that has seemed to calm him down a little and he seems more satisfied, unless he looses it, which can make him very very upset. Not sure yet what I prefer... Well, so far I see it as progress that he accepts the binkey :-)
 

 
 
 
 
Noah has made some great progress, too. Ever since he started to sleep in a big boy bed, more than a year ago, I have spent about 1-2 hours sitting with him and Marlee until they fall asleep at night. If I am home Noah has not accepted anyone else to sit there while he falls a sleep. I have reasoned that since we have moved around so much lately and slept in so many different places he has needed the security of having me there. Well, lately I have felt that he has gotten older and that I can talk with him about it and I have left the room to return every 5-10 minutes to check on him (Marlee has been able to go to sleep alone for a few years so he has never been an "issue"). The first couple of nights Noah left the room several times each night but he soon learned to stay in their room and now we have had a few nights where both boys have gone to sleep without me in the room and without leaving it. It is so nice to me to have that extra time that I used to spend waiting for Noah to fall asleep. I am so proud of him!!
 

 
Marlee, Noah and I planted some seeds the other night. Noah chose to plant two different colored peppers and Marlee chose to plant Physalis and cucumber. Lots of fun to do some garden work!!It has been rather cold here so we will see if they will grow.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment