headerImage

headerImage

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Completely crazy

Some time has passed since last time I added a post and it is only because we have had some crazy weeks!!! Therefore, this post will probably be the longest so far so get prepared for some reading, or skip it and just look at the pictures :-)

So, Marlee went to Fårö for a week so that he could spend some extra time with mormor and morfar and Alex and I were supposed to focus on the packing. However, we did not get as much done as we had hoped, not even close, and partly because our car breaking down, about 2h from home... Long story, but I got a ride home and we had to go back and pick up the car later. We did and towed it with the pickup truck. After towing for 1-2 hours we bored of doing that and found a small local car mechanic. He ended up being a life saver. Unlike the bigger car mechanics he could fix the car within 24h (the others had available appointments in about 3 weeks) and he did it for a third of the price!!! I would probably not use him if I had a fancy car with a complete service book but he was just perfect for our wreck :-D The car got fixed even if it took us more than a day to take care of it.

Towing...

Good to have you back home bro'!

Marlee came home again with mormor and morfar and now they had to take care of both children and not only Marlee. Alex and I had soooo much to do and we stressed like dogs the last week in Sweden. I would rather have spend time with family and friends, and I did a little, but we just had to do what had to be done = packing, cleaning, planning etc.

Packing Swedish things!!

Noah trying out the kick-bike :-)

Wonderful dinner with Sofia, Aman, Mobi, Fatima and Zeinab!!

Playing in the water!!

Dinner with mormor and morfar the last night (we thought)...

Typical Swedish "Plankstek"

Enjoying the company of mormor and morfar!

Alex and the children planted the Oaks that started out as acorns

The result of the the other acorn

Cleared out house... :-(
While stressing with the packing and all we forgot things that we should have brought to the USA, things that we should have done before leaving etc, but worst of all, we forgot when our plane left... In the car on the way to the airport, July 27, Alex realiases that the plane left at 2pm and not 6pm as we thought! That meant that it had already taken off and we had missed it... I had to enter the USA no later than July 29 according to my VISA so I was obviously in a hurry. We drove to Arlanda and there Alex managed to book me on a flight the next day and I would arrive to NY July 28 and then take a plane to FLorida. Noah and I got on the plane and Alex and Marlee had their flight booked two days later. So far so good!

Mormor and morfar got some extra time with Noah and Marlee when we missed our flight...

Noah and I arrived to NY as planned but from there, things did not go according to plan... We missed our flight to Florida, and spent the night at the airport. Luckily I could check in all the luggage, I had a lot!! and did not have to drag it around the airport during the night. Noah could sleep in the stroller and I slept on some chairs. It was a tough night but ok. The first flight to Florida left at 8am the next morning and Noah and I were on it!! Noah's car seat was not, however, and they still have not found it...

My luggage, plus Noah

Camp JFK, this is where we spent the night. I could sleep on my belly under the armrests and Noah in the stroller
Well, Noah and I arrived to Ft Lauderdale the next morning, July 29, and was picked up by farfar. Farmor and farfar took good care of us until Alex and Noah came, two days later. We also went to get the boxes that we had sent from Sweden. They had to get inspected because I had brought food, mainly ingredients for baking. I had also brought lots of dried, home picked, mushrooms and I was a little worried that they would find them suspicious and take them but they passed the inspection and I could bring all the boxes with all their content with me.

Right before we left Sweden Noah took his first few steps and he has slowly taken more and more steps. I managed to take a small video of it and here comes the first proof of Noah walking! He started when he was 11 month old :-)



Farmor has brought out a lot of Alex's old toys and among the favourines are the cars!!! They can be organized in all kinds of ways :-) Traffic jam is a favorite!
 
Traffic jam!

Both Marlee and Noah has made some impressive progress in the pool. The water is  32C/90F so pretty comfortable. However, not refreshing as a Swede would like it ;-) Noah loves the water and splashes and gets under it without any problems, just laughing. Marlee has been more careful but that has totally changed! Now he jumps from the edge of the pool and puts his head under water without any problem or fear. It is so fun to watch them!!!

Marlee in his "floating device"



A BIG yummy mango!!!

Noah is really brave in the water!


Before we got here farmor and farfar found a bike on the side of the road, that someone had thrown away. They fixed it and now Marlee loves it!!! He wants to take the bike everywhere. Our biggest worry right now is that we have not yet bought him a helmet and he, of course, likes to go fast!

Marlee and farmor
Alex has spent a lot of time looking for a car for us since we need to get one and today we found it! It is not only a good and safe car, it is also my companion from Sweden, imported in 2004. I have my very first VOLVO!!!!


Ok, time to go to sleep. The boys still wakes up way toooo early and it is passed midnight now, so Good night! Hope you enjoyed this loooong post!

No comments:

Post a Comment