headerImage

headerImage

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Learning is what I do!

Right now Marlee is learnng so much every day. During the last week he has learned to
- open the bathroom door
- open and close the front door (a while ago)
- put on his rain boots by himself
- say Moon and Mobi (one of his best friends). They do sound very similar but the context will tell what he means
- put silverware and other kitchen utensils back on the right place when we empty the dischwasher

It is so much fun to watch him solve the challenges he faces every day!!

Every time I change a "poopy diaper" Marlee helps me to put it in a plastic bag. And everytime we are about to put it in the bag he sticks out his tongue. I have wondered why he does that and today I realised why. When I open the plastic bag I always lick on my fingers to be able to open it so guess who copied that behaviour :-D

This morning we all went to the American Embassy to handle Marlee's US passport. We had an appointment at 9 so it was all planned ahead and I thought that it would take about 30min. I should have known better when dealing with embassies... It took two hours. Entering the emassy was worse than going through security at an airport and we had to leave all eletronics (including Marlees toys and my headphones) and batteries by the enterance. When we got in I realised that I still had a pair of headphones is my purse, a small flashlight (with batteries) and a toy for Marlee with batteries. So much for having such a serious check up when entering the embassy...

I do not have much to publish but I can publish our best picture that we took the other day when we tried to take a passport picture of Marlee. The rules are very very strict. Our picture might not work because the background is not white enough.


1 comment:

  1. Tina,
    in this photo he looks amazingly similar to Alex -just blond ;-) Loved the autumn photos too! Tre kramar!

    ReplyDelete