headerImage

headerImage

Friday, August 19, 2011

First time...

Today is a special day... My little Marlee is being babysat (?) for three days (!!!), which means that I will not see him for THREE DAYS!!! Both Alex and I had important things to do tomorrow, Saturday, and since the best babysitters in town (the other best babysitters reside in Miami ;-), mormor and morfar, will be on Fårö (the summer house) all weekend, Marlee "had to" come with them from Friday to Monday!! I think (and hope) that this is harder for me than for him. He left seven hours ago and has been happy ever since, now he is probably sleeping in the car. I am keeping myself busy with house work and preparing for tomorrow. Alex is on a train on his way to Gothenburg to attend a conference. It is actually my very first time to be home alone at night with no "men" in the house, no women for that matter either, since Marlee was born. So far I am doing very good.

Today, after I dropped off Marlee, I ordered a DVD for his 1,5 year "birthday". Not that he needs presents for that but there is this TV show that he just loves and it would be fun to actually get him a DVD with it. It is called "Shaun the sheep" / "Fåret Shaun". He starts laughing as soon as I put him in front of the computer (we are watching it online). A friend of mine recommended it because it is fun even for adults (I agree). I must say that it is probably one of these TV shows that I would have said that I would never have encourage Marlee to watch since it does not seems to teach children much, they do not talk etc, but he just loves it so much and I it is so much fun to watch him when I turn it on. I should video record it so that you could see! Each episode is about 7 minutes and he watches maybe 2 at the most before he starts playing with something else. That is why I do not feel too bad about it, it would be different if he would be "glued to the computer" each time I turn it on.

The other night I was dreaming that Marlee started talking. He did not say just one word, but started singing. I was laughing a lot in my dream but maybe I would not if it was really happening because the song he sang was a very common "student song" that university students sing during organised dinners here etc, and is about being very drunk... Maybe I was dreaming this since Marlee has not really started talking yet. He does say "there" when he points on something and he goes "ma ma ma ma ma" a lot but I cannot really relate that to me. Alex says he can but I am not so sure. Marlee surely understands a lot though so I am not particularly worried about his speech. Maybe I should take the chance to enjoy the time now because once he starts talking I do not think he will ever stop :-) There are so many thought, questions and wills in that little body that wants out, I can tell!

Well, you have probably fallen a sleep by now from all the reading but it is a way for me deal with the absence of my son ;-) Thanks for "listening"! And also, thanks for all your emails telling me how much you appreciate this blog! I am very happy to hear that! But this is not only for you guys, it is also for me, since it helps me to reflect on all the things that are happening all the time with Marlee and what is going on.

I do not have any pictures from today but here are some from the last days.

Marlee has started to like milk
which makes his mum very happy

Yesterday we had very strange weather,
here it is raining and being very warm
and sunny at the same time...

Why buy toys!?



Exploring the forrest and a mushrooms...


2 comments:

  1. Hej sis!
    Jag tycker Marlee är väldigt lik dig när du var liten på de här filmerna (eller de kort jag har sett av dig när du var liten). Kan det vara den "på-hjässan-platta-frisyren" som gör det? Han är sååååå söt!!!

    Svampintresset verkar lovande för alla blivande kantarelljakter i höst...=)
    kram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tina!
    It's Cory and Farfar. We just watched all the videos of Marlee. They are so cute! We love the Booger blog. Hope you did ok without Marlee for those 3 days. I bet your mom and dad had fun with him though! Take care and keep us posted on the Booger life blog!

    ReplyDelete