headerImage

headerImage

Monday, October 25, 2010

Booger life - first entry

I am totally new to this, I am not following any one else's blog and I have never had a blog myself, but it can't be that hard, can it!!?? Are there really any strict rules? The purpose of this blog is to write about our little family's life and mainly about our wonderful little booger, Marlee! Well, enough background info (you can read more about us in the background info), lets see what we are actually up to.

At the moment we are in Denver, Colorado. Marlee and I arrived five days ago and daddy Alex has been here for 2 months already, doing some work. The trip over here, which took almost 20 hours, went surprisingly smooth. Marlee manage to show his charming smile most of the time and we arrived to Alex (who had a bouquet of roses in his hand) and Denver happy but tired.

After being here for five days I am finally feeling like I am getting some control of the situation and have manage to get some routines. Marlee sleeps during the night, adjusted to the time different after just three days, and we have found a good stroller, which came with two Halloween outfits(!!), that I am very happy with. The travel bed, bought online, is also working perfect. My biggest worry right now is the night sleep. Marlee has been waking up almost once every hour the last two nights and he can't go back to sleep on his own. He keeps putting his head in strange positions while he sleeps, so no wonder that he wakes up! Luckily we replaced our leaking air mattress two days ago and are now sleeping on a real bed. Not sure what I would have done otherwise!!

Today we went to church where Alex introduced us to another family with a 1-year old daughter. A very nice couple, with a very sweet baby girl! Had some yummy lunch after church with them and the rest of the day was spent in their house reading loud from a book(have not done that since high school) and playing a family game where we build railroads across North America. Alex and I lost big time but I am looking forward for revenge! ;-) This family has earlier lent (given) us a car seat for Marlee and today we got to borrow some toys, too, and a little baby seat, that I can use when feeding him. Super!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Kul idé! Nu känns ni inte så långt borta! Och vilken fin bild på dig och Marlee!
    Och by the way har jag ju någon form av blogg (används kanske 1ggr/år) och nu ska jag minsann försöka adda dig där. Var just på nyheterna att dagens ungdomar ses mer på internet än in real life....vilket fick mig att känna mig gammal =)
    Ha det bra! Hälsa all! KRAM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tänkte inte på det, sis. Men så klart att jag följer (följde) din blogg. Nu kan ni väl blogga lite om Bosse?? :-) Stor puss och kram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to apolgize for forgetting... I have followed two blogs before, and I will try to add them here, my sister's and my friends Sofia's. Think they might be updated soon...

    ReplyDelete